Please Stay at Home during this time to prevent the spread of COVID-19! Please continue to read and share this content for future adventures and sign up for my email list to get ideas for getting outside at home right now. THANK YOU! And thank you for reading!
How to make a Mushroom Beef Burger
Posted On July 15, 2019
Share this post!
Are you ready for the juiciest, most flavorful burger you’ve EVER had?? Looking to reduce your consumption of red meat in the process? If so, look no further than this incredible mushroom beef burger!! We started experimenting with this in our household last summer and now we really have it dialed in. Not only is this burger delicious, you can make the patties ahead of time and grill them up quickly when you get home from an adventure, or take them car camping and cook them over a fire! I’m picky about burger buns, and these are my favorites (but you should use whatever burger bun you want!) The mushroom beef burger goes really well with grilled asparagus, or a salad,
The mushroom beef burger is the juiciest and most flavorful burger EVER with a mixture of mushrooms and ground beef.
Prep Time:10 minutes
Cook Time:15 minutes
Total Time:25 minutes
Yield:4 burgers 1x
1 pound ground beef (80% or 85% lean)
10 oz mushrooms (sliced or whole)
1/4 cup oats
2 Tablespoons steak seasoning (you can adjust this amount to taste)
4 Burger buns
4 slices of cheese (optional)
Any toppings you want! (guacamole is really good on this burger! But also any other condiments or toppings you like)
1. Chop the mushrooms in a food processor (if you don’t have one, you could chop them finely with a knife, but the food processor makes it easy)
2. Mix the ground beef, mushrooms, egg, oats and steak seasoning in a bowl
3. Divide the mixture into four balls, this flatten them into patties (try to make the middle a bit thinner than the outside, this helps them stay flat during grilling)
4. Heat up the grill, then adjust to medium heat setting. Place the burgers gently on the grill (be careful not to push them down with the spatula as these will not be as firm as burger patties you buy commercially).
5. Cook the burgers for about 8 minutes, then flip
6. Cook the burgers an additional 5 minutes, then add the cheese and cook about three more minutes
7. Remove burgers from grill, place on buns and serve with condiments!
Grills very widely in their heat and efficiency, so you may need to adjust the cooking time to fit your grill, or to your preference for more or less cooked burgers.
Hi! I'm Jennie. I’m a fourth generation Seattleite who lived in Alaska for 7 years. I've been a tour guide in both Alaska and Washington and I love to share the places I love with visitors, newcomers and my fellow locals. I’m so glad to have you along on the journey to experience your best low key adventure in Washington, Alaska and Western Canada!