Ordinary Adventures is all about loving your place and loving the places you visit and having the most local experience possible as a traveler. I lived in Alaska for seven years while working as a tour guide and as a manager in the travel industry. I still visit regularly because it’s a place I love and so I can share the most up to date information on Alaska independent travel for my readers! I’m also passionate about helping travelers experience Alaska on a budget.
Here are a few articles to get you started planning your magical Alaska trip!
Additional articles about specific places and other Alaska independent travel resources
- Alaskan’s favorite places to eat all around the state
- Visiting Glacier Bay National Park as an independent traveler (not on a cruise ship)
- Denali National Park Road Lottery trip planner
- Why March is the best time to visit Fairbanks
- Best things to do in Juneau on your own (including hikes)
- Best things to do in Ketchikan on your own (including hikes)
- Best things to do in Skagway on your own (including hikes)